Saturday, March 16, 2013

Entry 007 - Whales and Paddling



Well, skipped out on San O' this weekend and opted to stay in the South Bay.  Thought the surf was going to be better in Porto.  Not so much.  Not that it was bad, but I just wasn't feeling it.  Cold, long periods that ended up either weak or walled.  Of course, the fact that I haven't been out in two weeks didn't help.  It was really crowded too (everyone was itching to get out after the small week) and the current pushed me from 40th street to almost the jetty in 20 minutes.  Tried to catch a few but had little luck.  Hoping tomorrow will be better.  I think the time change did me in too. Waking up before the sun is tough enough on workdays.  Here's hoping for a better St. Patty's Day session!


Weather: 54 deg, Dense Overcast
Conditions: Long Periods,  Weak and then Walled, Crowded
Waves Caught: 1 (kinda)
Sea Life: Dolphins (4), Whales (2, in the distance)
Sea Temp: 56 deg


No comments:

Post a Comment