Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Entry 012 - Fat Tide



Got out early for a workday today - 0745.  Surf was pretty good and better than Sunday.  Caught a few and had 2 nice rides.  There were corners that I could get but many times the waves walled up around me and I didn't risk it.  Even on the ones I caught I found myself back pretty far on the board to keep it from pearling.  Thinking I might move the center fin to keep the board in the water a little more.  Not sure though.  My 9' Stewart just seems to be holding me back a lot from the surf at Porto.  I'll try some experiments and see what works over the next few weeks.  Seriously considering going smaller though - 8'.


Weather: 58 deg, Overcast
Conditions: Glassy, Some Corners, Fat as the Tide Rolled In
Waves Caught: 3.5
Sea Life: Seals (2)
Sea Temp: 57 deg


No comments:

Post a Comment