Friday, July 26, 2013

Entry 057 - Surfin' Po'ipu


In Kaua'i on vacation and grabbed on 8' soft top to catch a few waves at Po'ipu (south shore). Note to self - wearing a rashguard on an unwaxed soft top board is very slippery in the ocean. I should have gone with a performance board and waxed it up but I only had about an hour and a half to get a session in before dinner. The surf around Po'ipu was choppy, windy, and mixed up. Some of the locals said that further west things would be a little better but I didn't see that as me and the family were driving the past few days. Pretty easy paddle out to an okay left by an exposed reef and caught a nice short ride within the first 10 minutes. After that, no dice. Like I said, the surf was choppy and also weak. Still, well worth it to say I surfed in Kaua'i.


Weather: 82 deg, Patchy Clouds
Conditions: Choppy, Knee-Waist High, Mushy, Windy
Waves Caught: 3
Sea Life: Nothing
Sea Temp: 80 deg (and why I'd move to Hawaii!)


No comments:

Post a Comment