Sunday, August 11, 2013

Entry 063 - Torrance Beach Family Day


Today was family day with friends down at Torrance Beach. We've done family day before at Torrance and whenever we go I always wish I had my board. Well, today I brought both the 8' Costco and my 9' Stewart. After getting all the beach stuff down to the beach from the parking lot I headed back up, quickly changed into my wetsuit and grabbed the Costco board. Shorter rides at Torrance vs. Porto but still just as fun. I told myself that I was going to give the Costco foamy a try before purchasing a shorter board than my 9' Stewart and I'm glad I grabbed it today. The 9' would have been too much for the short rides. Caught a few nice lefts and a nice right that almost turned into something longer than a 5 second ride. Got out after a bit as the wind was picking up and spent the rest of the day playing with family and friends. Good day!

Weather: 71 deg, Clear Skies
Conditions: Bumpy, Knee-Waist High, Wind Swell, Short Rides
Waves Caught: 8
Sea Life: Nothing
Sea Temp: 66 deg

No comments:

Post a Comment