Saturday, May 4, 2013

Entry 023 - Choppy



That strong current was still there today but it had back off just a bit so I didn't go as far.  Bumpy to start off the morning then turned to choppy and windy.  I was able to take off on a few good ones before I called it a morning and paddled back in.  The surf wasn't as steep as it was yesterday but the chop just made it hard to catch and hold anything most of the time.  The dolphins were having fun though and I saw a pod of them including one that literally swam under my board.  For a second I was thinking how good the GoPro footage would be if he surfaced next to me.  Fun morning even with the chop and wind.  Oh, and no rashguard today - just the 3/2.


Weather: 63 deg, Clear Skies to Cloudy and Windy
Conditions: Bumpy to Choppy, Inconsistent, Longshore Current, Small Crowd
Waves Caught: 7
Sea Life: Sea Lions (1), Dolphins (4)
Sea Temp: 61 deg

No comments:

Post a Comment