Sunday, May 19, 2013

Entry 031 - Head to Rail


Well, I tried.  It was definitely a bigger day today than I had seen in a while but I saw a few that looked good for the longboard so I paddled out.  The water was nice and warm today and the surf was steep but as the tide dropped the waves started to get manageable.  I caught a couple of good ones before getting wacked in the elbow by my board (ding 1, left) and then, a couple of waves later, getting nailed in the head by the left rail when I pearled (ding 2, right).  The second ding even had my hair caught in it.  Luckily neither were too deep and mainly just chipped away the nice epoxy finish. Repairs at home however showed some water in the "head" ding probably from minute pinholes in the glass.  Waited around to let the board dry out and then began the repair with some Solarez.  Even though the repair was easy and pretty much finished today, I won't be surfing 'til next weekend so both repairs should cure nice and hard.


Weather: 62 deg, Mostly Sunny
Conditions: Glassy, Warm, Steep, Consistent, Waist-Head High w/ Occasional Overhead
Waves Caught: 4
Sea Life: Nothing
Sea Temp: 64 deg


No comments:

Post a Comment